Sunday, September 24, 2006

Kimberly & Brian are now newlyweds!
Such a great couple- and their parents and families were so nice, too. Yesterday was a big day for Pinkie and I, too. We spent about 10 hours documenting Kimberly & Brian's day-- that's longer than typical but we also had even more fun than usual! I'm happiest with a camera in my hand, can you tell?

Before I talk about the wedding, I do want to thank Pinkie for once again being such a trooper. When we arrived at the reception, she slipped on a tree nut and went down. She was holding a camera and one of the camera bags. Although she went all the way down on the pavement she never let go of the camera. I can't believe she didn't let go. She's my hero.

We started out the day with the Getting Ready shots- Kimberly had such a stunning dress. I really wanted to try it on- it was something else.




















They did not see each other before- but they did get to hold hands. It was so sweet.


The wedding was at Our Lady of Lourdes. Father Nick sure has a great speaking voice and I liked what he had to say about marriage and the advice he gave to them.







So the plan afterwards was to spend about an hour getting romantic photos at scenic locations- Locust Grove, a park on a lake, etc. The weather was really pookie so I suggested since they would be staying at the Seelbach,we should go the lobby. Oh-my-goodness! This turned out to be SUCH a good idea! Check out these photos. It sure was a highlight of my day. Pinkie took the first one- I love it!






















The reception was at the Olmsted and everything was beautiful, as always.The cake was by Christie, isn't it great? A memorable moment was when Kimberly's father got up and spoke. He said how happy they as parents were that, like themselves and Brian's parents, Kimberly & Brian had found true love.

I will also remember how Brian and his college friends serenaded the mom of one of his buddies who is in Iraq (that's her in the chair)....
There were just so many special moments of the day. It was great to see Kimberly and Brian enjoy themselves so much.

One last favorite picture. Wow, I will sure have a lot to choose from when I design their album. Check back later to see it.

No comments: