Thursday, May 31, 2007

In Praise of Second Photographers (Part 1: Dani)
Almost all my packages include two photographers. This is such a bonus for my clients because we truly can be in two places at once. For example, while I'm photographing the moms lighting the unity candle, the second photographer might be getting the last minute behind the scenes with the bride. Or if I'm photographing the brides and the girls, the other can be with the guys. And brides and grooms can just relax and enjoy the reception knowing that there's at least one of us to catch the action both on and off the dance floor!

Dani has been assisting me for 3 years now and does a fabulous job. She has a gift for remembering who's-who in a family and so always notices photo ops. She'll photograph the bride dancing with her brother, or like the last shot: the groom's sister with her daughter.



No comments: