Friday, January 26, 2007

Something different to do on a Friday night....
We saw 24 plays in an elevator! That's right, Steve (my handsome hubby) and I went to see the debut of Specific Gravity tonight. They performed one very short play in an elevator to 6 people at a time while going up 15 floors, and then another play on the way down. We lined up in front of 4 elevators and ended up seeing all 24 plays. It was a mix of good, bad, 'out there', funny, and serious. They play again in February.

I took this photo while in line. That's an actor leaving an elevator immediately after his performance.

I took this photo during a play, at a point where I would not be a distraction. He's having a claustrophia attack and is down on the floor of the elevator. And those feet are audience members. Imagine having to act in such a small place so very close to attendees!

This was all done in the beautiful Starks Building, an elegant place for wedding receptions, too!

No comments: