Saturday, March 11, 2006

Andrew's Bar Mitzvah was today. I'd never been to a Jewish temple before and found the service very interesting. The reading of the Torah was almost hypnotic. The evening festivities were held at Churchill Downs. They now have a new party room on the sixth floor. It has about 100 tvs in it and the videographer was able to plug into it so all the guests could watch the action on the dance floor. So cool!!! Can't wait to do a wedding reception there.

I talked careers with one of the guests who is a physician. He talked to me about being on call, and dealing with patients who have cancer and who are dying. Then he said MY job is stressful!!!

Sure I have to be on my toes on the Big Day. But the truth is I feel lucky to do what I do. I look forward to each wedding and often feel honored to be able to witness such special moments.

Here's a pic of Andrew on stage enjoying his special moment! Note the tvs in the background are broadcasting his moves to the whole room. Times that by 100 and it's a wonder anyone got up to dance!

No comments: