Sunday, October 05, 2008

Pictures from my Florida trip
I went down there to comfort my friend Joanne who recently lost her mom. Joanne and I have known each other since middle school. (I'll spare you the photos from those days-- heck, I think I already burned them, ha-ha!)

Joanne lives on river close to the beach. She and her husband have this gorgeous house on stilts surrounded by acres of paradise. Here we are relaxing in her backyard.
And their house...!
They feed about a dozen racoons each night.
My birthday was last week, and Joanne's was the week before. So we met another friend, Helena, for spa time. We went to the world-famous Safety Harbor Spa.
That's Helena on the left. I've known her since high school. I'm lucky that I have such good friends. They know all my secrets!
A trip to Florida is not complete without Cuban food. Here is black beans, yellow rice, fried plantains and beef tenderloin (with french fries!) at a diner in Tampa.
I saw my mom in Clearwater for the last day of my visit. I got a free upgrade to a convertible so I just had to have mom try it out!
And she took me out for dinner. Here we are enjoying dessert of key lime pie and creme brulee!
And wherever I go, I'm always taking pictures. I can't help it-- that's just who I am. And aren't these flowers interesting?
Well, time to get back to work. Nobody does my work while I'm gone-- I suppose that is a good thing! This trip was unplanned so thanks for your patience while I get back on track!

No comments: