Wednesday, April 12, 2006

"I hate the formal posed wedding photos!"
I hear that a lot. And that's fine with me. It gets very boring seeing photo after photo of everyone lined up like a picket fence and cheesing into the camera. I tell my clients they can have as much (or as little) formal photos as they want.

And I don't want to skip them-- family photos are very important. My secret is that I'm FAST! It's amazing how quickly they can be done with a list (received from the clients a month prior to the wedding), a reminder letter of who's in the photos (emailed to the clients the Monday before the wedding), and the wonderful help of my assistant. What takes many photographers an hour I can do in 15 minutes. It helps that I do a wedding a week - and that I was a Girl Scout. I'm organized AND prepared!

My specialty is getting natural expressions (sincere smiles, laughter, tears of joy, etc.). Here are some of my not-so-stiff group shots:



Anyway, yesterday Mat & Bridget booked me for their Fall wedding. We worked out a plan where we can get the pictures done-- wedding at 7pm, dinner by 9! They are the second couple I booked for the new Muhammad Ali Center.

1 comment:

siuc linguistics said...

i like your pictures :)